The Ritz Theatre
Join Our Team
The Ritz Theatre is seeking a full time technical director/production manager. Hosting over 65 events annually, The Ritz is primarily a presenting organization and is home to an active community theater and a number of rental events. The production manager's responsibilities include but are not limited to the technical operations of The Ritz Theatre and The National Theatre, including lighting, sound, some set construction, maintenance of inventory and compliance with standard operating procedures and safety.
Duties and responsibilities
* Operates, maintains and safeguards the technical assets of the theatre, including supervising the use of lighting, sound, communications equipment, and the use and maintenance of stage facilities
* Determines the necessary technical supports, such as lighting, sound, staging, backline, and special needs, necessary for events and performances presented at the facility in advance of production dates.
* Sets up, maintains, and operates lighting and sound systems for theatre, dance, music, movies and other productions and projects; assists guests and artists with technical matters.
* Assists in recruiting, training and assignment of volunteer technical staff for individual shows.
* Prepares for presentations by advancing all aspects of series and rental events through negotiation and fulfillment of contract and rider requirements.
* Orients facility renters to safety, technical characteristics and other areas of facility operations; facilitates the use of the technical facilities by the resident company and others engaged by or renting the facility.
* Monitors the condition of equipment including lighting, sound; arranges for the repair and replacement within budgetary constraints; performs preventive maintenance on equipment.
* Assists with the preparation and control of production budgets; maintains inventory and orders specialized supplies.
* Makes recommendations to the Executive Director regarding capital purchases of technical equipment.
* Performs routine facilities maintenance.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's level degree in Theater or related technical field preferred.
* Experience in technical production services/operations field required.
* The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of all aspects of technical theatre, have excellent communication skills, work well in a fast-paced environment, be able to problem solve quickly on the fly and is very organized.
Physical requirements and working conditions
* Job functions require hours of sitting, standing, lifting, work on ladders, personnel lift, and use of a computer.
* Non-typical office hours will be customary including mornings, evenings, weekends.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter describing interest, relevant qualifications, and experience; a resume; and names and contact information for three professional references.
Application deadline is June 15, 2018 or until filled. Please submit electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Michael Strong, The Ritz Theatre, 30 S. Washington St, Tiffin, OH 44883